This Page

has been moved to new address

Ding, Dong the Mega Quilter's Gone!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
LoveBug Studios Blog: Ding, Dong the Mega Quilter's Gone!

LoveBug Studios Blog

Happenings at the quilting studio!

Monday, October 11, 2010

Ding, Dong the Mega Quilter's Gone!

Have you been following along with my long arm quest?  Well, supposedly I'm going to get a call TODAY from the freight shipper to schedule a delivery appointment for Mr. Darcy.  I'm so excited I can hardly stand it.

Part of the deal though with bringing in the new long arm was to sell my current setup - the Viking Mega Quilter.  I put ads all over the place, but I have to admit I wasn't very consistent in following up to all of them.  My eBay & Craig's List ads expired, and my local quilt shop offered to let me put up an ad in the shop but I never got around to it.

Imagine my surprise to receive an email last week from someone interested in my machine.  How in tarnations did they get wind of it, with my poor efforts at promoting it for sale?

Well, it turns out that the owner of the LQS had a customer come in and complain about how long it took her to baste quilts (she does it by hand!) and she wished she could eliminate the basting altogether.  So the owner sent her my way.  Since the machine was still up, I offered to have her come and test it out.  She came and finished a quilt yesterday, and by 3:00, this is what my basement looked like:


Incidentally, the person who bought this is 5'1" - and even SHE needs to lift the frame about 5"!  I'd really love Viking to tell us exactly who this frame was built for - certainly not anyone of average height, and not for anyone tall or petite.  I guess I know now why they moved so quickly to the Next Generation frame.

Well, the frame, machine, and most of the boards are gone now, so I'll be busy rearranging the basement to accommodate the new machine.

Happy quilting!

Labels: ,