This Page

has been moved to new address

Zoe Cherry Oh! Finished Quilt

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
LoveBug Studios Blog: Zoe Cherry Oh! Finished Quilt

LoveBug Studios Blog

Happenings at the quilting studio!

Friday, September 24, 2010

Zoe Cherry Oh! Finished Quilt

This was a really fun project to work on.  I'm glad that it is done though - I've had it in my project backlog for several months, and I didn't want it to be Christmas before I got it off to my client.
zoe1

It's a very cheerful (or should I say cherryful) little quilt.  Her dad told me it's a surprise for both mom & baby, and their favorite outfit for her just happens to have cherries on it.  I didn't know that when I picked the fabric, but I love it when something just fits together so perfectly.

This line of fabric is from Moda, by the way, and it's named "Oh Cherry Oh!" so I named the quilt "Zoe Cherry Oh!"
zoe5

The back of the quilt isn't really surprising - just my normal pieced backing from the leftovers.  I'm proud that I got the seam completely flat during the quilting, which is just allover stippling.


zoe3

I decided to sign the quilt in the corner, which gave me another idea just a little too late.  It would have been fun to incorporate an "I Spy" theme by hiding words in the quilting.  I had to settle for this in my last quilting pass:
zoe2

Hopefully it will be a nice little surprise when she's old enough to explore the quilt that was made just for her.

zoe4

Happy quilting!

Labels: ,