This Page

has been moved to new address

Project Quilting Prizes

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
LoveBug Studios Blog: Project Quilting Prizes

LoveBug Studios Blog

Happenings at the quilting studio!

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Project Quilting Prizes

It's taken me a while to go through all the packages and open them up, but I finally gathered up all the prizes that I've won from Project Quilting.  They are all so fabulous, and I really wanted to share them with you. 

The Fat Quarter Shop was extremely generous & gracious - they let me save up all my gift certificates to use on a bonanza of Kona Cotton solids - 66 fat quarters to be exact.  I was also able to pick up some other full yard pieces of some cool fabric I have been wanting to try - it's a cross-weave cotton that uses two colors, one in the warp & one in the weft.  They are really beautiful - I think I got 5 different yardages.

Kim's Crafty Apple also send a wide assortment of hand dyed fabrics and patterns.  I simply adore all of them and will be thinking of a very special project to take advantage of the hand dyed fabrics.

I also received a very-much-coveted copy of Pretty Little Mini Quilts from PennyFabricArt - she has a quilt in the book too and there are others in it which are just as lovely.

Whenever I got gift certificates to different shops, I usually selected fabric - I really love batik prints, solids, and BRIGHT colors as you can tell.  I especially enjoyed being able to receive a Bali Pop, several yards of batik fabrics, and 200 batik charms!  Those will be really fun to use in a special quilt.

I also received a couple of other books, a couple of neat tools (the GIANT yo-yo is fabulously fun), charm packs, and some apple blossom buttons.

 
I have no idea how I'm going to utilize all of these really wonderful gifts, but for now, they sit in a box together so I can marinate on them all and think of how best to use them. One prize you can't see is the quilting that I have yet to take advantage of from Quilts by Barb.  First I need to come up with an extra special quilt!

I do want to thank all of the Project Quilting Sponsors for their support & willingness to part with some really lovely items, and I hope that this project continues to grow & that next season's winners are just as - if not more - fortunate as I was to win!


Happy quilting!

Labels: