This Page

has been moved to new address

A Financial Incentive for the GO! Giveaway

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
LoveBug Studios Blog: A Financial Incentive for the GO! Giveaway

LoveBug Studios Blog

Happenings at the quilting studio!

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A Financial Incentive for the GO! Giveaway

I have been truly, truly amazed at the response to my Give a Little, Win a GO! Giveaway.  I don't know if you've been following along, but if you haven't you need to know that in just one month, entrants have managed to produce 290 items to be donated to local chapters of Project Linus, Quilts for Kids, and ConKerr Cancer.

In the past month, I have actually been "too busy" to finish projects for charity, although I did manage to get a larger quilt done on my quilting frame that will eventually go to Project Linus.  I have so many irons in the fire right now that it's hard to tell when I'll be able to get back to it.  However, I have been so inspired by the people who continue to make projects and post them either to my Flickr group or to the AccuQuilt Facebook page that I feel like I have to do SOMETHING.

So... even though I'm not quilting for charity, I've decided that sometimes these charities need other help too, and giving cash to them can help with mailing expenses and buying batting for quilts or Ziploc bags for pillowcases.  My own contribution will represent all the great things that have been done so far, and also serve as an incentive for the things yet to come.

On the one month anniversary of my contest, I decided to give each of the three charities $25, to mark the 274 wonderful donations that had been made so far.  From that point forward, I pledged to award $1 for each item donated to that organization, worth up to $150 for EACH organization.

On top of that, I work for a very generous company, who supports the causes that their employees support, and so I can get a 1:1 match for every $1 I give.  That means that whatever is earned will be doubled!

So if you add everything up, the total donation is worth over $1,000, and to show how serious I am, I have created an account to escrow my funds to be donated.


All that's needed is for people to make things & donate them to charity, and designate their points to go to one of the contestants in my giveaway.  Every time a donation comes in, I will mark another $1 secured.

So far 16 donations have come in since I made that pledge, so with the guaranteed $75 included, that's $91 that will be divided among the various charities. ($31 to PL, and $35  to CKC and $25 to QFK.)

Let's see how many donations we can get in the final two weeks of this contest & insure the organizations get their funds too!


Happy quilting!

Labels: ,