This Page

has been moved to new address

Project Quilting Road Trip - Panel 1

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
LoveBug Studios Blog: Project Quilting Road Trip - Panel 1

LoveBug Studios Blog

Happenings at the quilting studio!

Friday, May 28, 2010

Project Quilting Road Trip - Panel 1


RoadTrip-Panel1
Originally uploaded by LoveBugStudios

This is the first panel of the Road Trip quilt. It features a map (printed to fabric) of the southeastern US. It is actually a composite of about 7 images since I couldn't find a map that would give me the exact view of the cities I wanted.

I traced the route from Hopkinsville to Pensacola using a black ribbon that reminds me of a highway. The start of the route is marked with a red car button, and the end with a green car button.

The "Welcome to Florida" sign is a reproduction of the welcome sign posted on I-10, the last leg of the trip. It is hand-cut applique made from tracings of a photo of the sign, complete with rivets made from gray rhinestones. I ended up embroidering the smaller letters... they were just too small to cut by hand!

The fabrics used in this panel include: printable fabric, grey, black, white, green, red, blue, and orange solids.

Labels: , ,