This Page

has been moved to new address

Back from the Show and Dead Tired

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
LoveBug Studios Blog: Back from the Show and Dead Tired

LoveBug Studios Blog

Happenings at the quilting studio!

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Back from the Show and Dead Tired

I think I am having deja vu. The weekend show was totally killer, and I am still recovering. I hope to post some photos and tips later in the week, but for now I will just give a brief recap of the show.

This was definitely one of the best shows (sales-wise) that I have had, but that's not saying a whole lot considering how terrible my last shows were! But I am still tweaking the product line and the displays, so that is understandable.

The things that sold best were my wristlets, pouches, and pocket mirrors. However, I am not going to abandon everything else just yet! I think it's about getting into the right shows & getting my product in front of the right people. I have to admit though, making sales gives an emotional boost that helps to carry you through the day. It was so hot during the day, and the traffic was light on both days until about 7 in the evening.

I got two custom orders during the show, and several inquiries on custom quilts. Like a dummy though, I forgot my portfolio (don't even ask me where it is!!!) so I couldn't show the breadth of my work. I did have a few quilts with me though.

My biggest sale (one of the custom orders) was for the guest towels that I make from cotton muslin. A local business ordered a very large quantity of white towels trimmed in mint green. I was so shocked when they placed an order because it was so late in the evening & I had just thought about packing up the towels to make room for more handbags. :)

Unfortunately I also had a lot more expenses during the show, because I had to rent a van to cart my tent to the event. If I didn't have all the display stuff to worry about, I could fit all my product in my Love Bug. :)

I think I am pretty well committed to discontinuing my WhimsyBaby line of flannel items - I just don't think flannel fits into my whole "handmade sophistication" theme. So now I just need to price it to move, and get it out of my house. :)

Happy quilting!

Labels: