This Page

has been moved to new address

Summer of Freedom Bag Challenge

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
LoveBug Studios Blog: Summer of Freedom Bag Challenge

LoveBug Studios Blog

Happenings at the quilting studio!

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Summer of Freedom Bag Challenge

One of the Etsy teams to which I belong has started a bag challenge to benefit a charity. Team members who participate are asked to make a new bag (specifically for this challenge) that represents what "freedom" means to them. The bags will then be sold and the proceeds sent to a deserving organization (which hasn't been chosen yet.)

I decided to participate in this bag challenge, as I have never done a team challenge before! As I thought about making this bag, I came up with a sketch and let it marinate for a while. I also decided immediately that I would do a bag in red,white, and blue, and that I simply must have a navy blue fabric with little white stars on it. It took me several tries before finding the perfect fabric.



I also purchased a set of bag handles specifically for this project, and a set of really cool embellishments that I think will add the perfect touch. The rest of the materials will come out of my scraps & other supplies.



I'm not ready to reveal the whole concept (after all, what would keep you in suspense for two weeks?) but I will show you a portion of the sketch. Let's see if you can match it up to the finished bag!



Happy quilting!

Labels: ,