This Page

has been moved to new address

Coin Purse with Krishna/Lakshmi

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
LoveBug Studios Blog: Coin Purse with Krishna/Lakshmi

LoveBug Studios Blog

Happenings at the quilting studio!

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Coin Purse with Krishna/Lakshmi

Well my foray into handbags is proving to be a successful venture. I've been getting lots of comments out in public, and I've sold a few of them online through my various selling sites. Recently, I got a custom order for a cross-body coin purse. It is modeled after my Jicama series, but is being modified so that the deity images being used for the main body of the bag are not disrupted by pockets and the flap.

The deity image will be printed to fabric, then interfaced & lined, and finished with a zipper & long strap. The inside of the bag will have a couple of card pockets to make up for the lack of pockets on the outside.

Before I print to fabric, I did a test print on paper, plus I need my client to decide whether she wants the image to wrap around the bag or whether she wants it to be right side up on both sides.

So for example, here is a photo of what will be the bag front (sitting on top of the red fabric for the lining & strap):

DeityCoin1 - Share on Ovi

The "white" part is what will eventually become the seam allowance, so the image will be edge-to-edge.

Now, here lies the dilemma: do I allow the image to "wrap" around the bag, so that when the bag is done, the end of their saris are upside down? Like so:

DeityCoin2 - Share on Ovi

Or... do I orient the image so that it is right side up on both sides (thereby disjointing the image?)
DeityCoin3 - Share on Ovi

That I leave for my client to decide!

Happy quilting!

Labels: