This Page

has been moved to new address

Studio Happenings - January 24, 2009

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
LoveBug Studios Blog: Studio Happenings - January 24, 2009

LoveBug Studios Blog

Happenings at the quilting studio!

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Studio Happenings - January 24, 2009

This morning, I had a dentist appointment, so I decided to combine my errands and do a bunch of other things first. I went to the bank, the frame shop to pick up an order, the grocery store, and finally landed back home at about 1:30PM. So much for a day spent quilting!

I did manage to get some stuff done; I finished applying the borders for the Mosaic Sampler, and got that quilted and attached the binding. In the spirit of stashbusting, I found a piece of high loft polyester batting that was just big enough for this piece, so I used it instead of cutting off a brand new piece of cotton batting. My goal was more to be done with this quilt than to create a masterpiece; I'm sure I'll find a home for it somewhere or will donate it to charity. I have finished everything except sewing the binding to the back of the quilt & attaching a label; I've decided to take an assembly line approach with these & just have a bunch of quilts at different stages to be worked on. I didn't take any pictures of this one in progress - when it's done I'll post it up.

I also worked on the two Valentine's postcards that were to be swapped. Here is the first one, which was made using fused fabric, lace, and satin ribbon for the trim:

V-Day2009-2 - Share on Ovi

I haven't gotten the hang yet of creating postcards that are mailable! This puppy cost almost $2 to mail, but I think it was totally worth it!

The second one was made with an origami folder fabric flower and then embellished with ribbon roses and an iron on flower:

V-Day2009-1 - Share on Ovi

This one gave me the opportunity to try out some of the decorative stitches on the Sapphire 870. I need to do more practicing & may need to make some adjustments to the stitch balancing on account of the thickness.

Happy quilting!

Labels: ,