This Page

has been moved to new address

Silk Flowers 3 - Vase Study UFO

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
LoveBug Studios Blog: Silk Flowers 3 - Vase Study UFO

LoveBug Studios Blog

Happenings at the quilting studio!

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Silk Flowers 3 - Vase Study UFO

I believe I started this wall hanging in 2007, right after I relocated the studio. A friend of mine was in town last summer & she saw it up on my design wall & asked if she could have it. Personally I was not pleased with how it had turned out at that point (the sequins & rhinestones wouldn't stay put), but I made a mental note that it had a good home to go to should I wish to finish it.

Fast forward to this weekend... I finally took it upon myself to browse through the Stashbuster UFO list to see where I ranked, and lo & behold, I was 6th from becoming Queen. That put a little fire under my belly I'll tell you! This one was fairly straightforward to finish; it needed batting, backing, a little quilting, and a binding.

SF3-front2 - Share on Ovi

I opted to use a wide grosgrain ribbon for the binding; it goes on very quickly, and for such a small piece (measuring 17"x23"), even hand stitching it to the back didn't take that long. The added bonus was using a scrap piece of batting & backing fabric, so there goes a bit of the stash as well. Yippee! 1st UFO finish this year!

Start of post. Happy quilting!

Labels: ,