This Page

has been moved to new address

Sailing, Sailing - Piecing

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
LoveBug Studios Blog: Sailing, Sailing - Piecing

LoveBug Studios Blog

Happenings at the quilting studio!

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Sailing, Sailing - Piecing

Most of the blocks in this quilt need to be paper-pieced, due to the small scale and unusual angles. The sailboats in particular needed careful piecing, and they finished at 6"x6".

SmallBoat - Share on Ovi

The larger sailboat which is the center medallion for this quilt was to finish at 21" square; this was too large for me to paper piece, so I did a lot of eyeballing, cutting, stitching, unstitching, recutting, and restitching until I got it right. I don't do enough quilts with triangles and various other angles to be really skilled at getting it right the first time, but once I figured it out, the large sailboat & sashing blocks came out perfectly:

BigBoat - Share on Ovi

Phew! That's enough for today.

Happy quilting!

Labels: