This Page

has been moved to new address

Work One Wednesday Challenge: Yarn & a Magnet

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
LoveBug Studios Blog: Work One Wednesday Challenge: Yarn & a Magnet

LoveBug Studios Blog

Happenings at the quilting studio!

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Work One Wednesday Challenge: Yarn & a Magnet

One of my new Facebook friends, Jennifer, is hosting a weekly challenge on her blog.  As soon as I saw this week's challenge, I got an idea immediately.

Yarn.  And a Magnet.  Huh?  Well, last year, I got this fancy-schmancy professional button maker, had it calibrated to accept fabric, and planned to turn out hundreds of 2-1/4" pocket mirrors.

Well, in my packet came some samples of things like keychains and magnet attachments, and since my machine is calibrated to accept thick materials, I thought I would run it through its paces by using some decorative yarns:


I ended up making about 8 of them, until I ran out of magnetic backs. They now adorn the front of my refrigerator:
yarnmagnet2

One thing that I learned - eyelash yarn is messy - the little shreds were everywhere!  But actually I saved some of the larger pieces for a thread scrap project (yes, I'm certifiable, I know) and used an old paintbrush to clear all the loose fibers from the machine.  I don't know that I would do it again, but it was fun to procrastinate even more today from my daunting to-do list.

Happy quilting!

Labels: