This Page

has been moved to new address

TTTT Thursdays - Office Breakdown Edition

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
LoveBug Studios Blog: TTTT Thursdays - Office Breakdown Edition

LoveBug Studios Blog

Happenings at the quilting studio!

Saturday, February 6, 2010

TTTT Thursdays - Office Breakdown Edition

I know it is not Thursday. I did do some of the purging on Thursday, but didn't get to post about it until today, because I was pretty tired afterward.

The reason for this is because the bulk of the purging took place at my office building, where our newly remodeled offices have no assigned seating for anyone. That basically means that you can't have any personal items (or even your own set of office supplies) unless you mean to cart them around every day. This required a significant amount of purging, but it also still resulted in 3 boxes coming home with me. So instead of tossing at my own house, I ended up adding to the piles.

One of those boxes I am actually disqualifying, since it contained my work station (monitor, dock, keyboard, mouse), but the other two had some significant items.

The second box contained office supplies which I divided between my home office & studio. Post-it pads are great for marking blocks & rows, and small pads of paper are great for documenting fabrics used in a project. I also brought back a couple of desktop file stands - Those will be great for storing dies for my AccuQuilt machine. I haven't tried it yet, but if they don't fit I can always bring them back to the office & dump it in our "Trash to Treasure" box, where the other office supplies go to die or be rescued.

The third box contained some personal items that I stored at the office. My Static Guard, shoe shine, lint remover, extra shoes, lotion, etc., along with some files that I cannot toss. It also has books that I am not ready to let go of, and others which will be donated to our new office library.

After bringing all of these items home, I needed to do some cleaning & purging of my own in my home office to make room, and also to make doubly sure I wanted to keep all the items I brought home. In the process, my favorite pair of slippers finally bit the dust, and I found a couple of floppy disks - but since I no longer own a floppy drive nor do I know anyone who does... it seems pointless to keep. I also purged a bunch of papers from my own files, but I didn't think counting each sheet was a worthwhile activity.



Happy quilting!

Labels: ,