This Page

has been moved to new address

Rose Garden Throw - Finished Quilt

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
LoveBug Studios Blog: Rose Garden Throw - Finished Quilt

LoveBug Studios Blog

Happenings at the quilting studio!

Monday, June 15, 2009

Rose Garden Throw - Finished Quilt

I am so very, very, very happy to announce that I have finished my Rose Garden Throw!



I ended up using only 62 of the almost 100 origami roses I had folded for this project. There is one rose for every month it took me to finish this quilt! Yes, it's true - I started this quilt in 2004 and finished it in 2009.



When I started it, my mom was having surgery on her cervical vertebrae, so I flew out to spend time with her & help do stuff around the house for a couple of weeks. I needed to bring something portable, so I brought squares of fabric to fold origami flowers, and that's how I ended up with so many. I also had 2 other quilts with me, my Rainbow Madness which almost drove me mad, and Asian Jewels (which someday I will get around to posting pictures of.)



Anyway, 5 years later, and I finally finished. Yippee!



Happy quilting!

Labels: ,