This Page

has been moved to new address

I Can be Handy, Too!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
LoveBug Studios Blog: I Can be Handy, Too!

LoveBug Studios Blog

Happenings at the quilting studio!

Friday, May 15, 2009

I Can be Handy, Too!

The other day I came home from work, and as I was taking off my coat, I heard this low-volume buzzing sound. It started driving me nuts, so I went searching for the source of the sound. I was crossing my fingers it wasn't the compressor going out on my not-even-year-old refrigerator.

The sound was fainter in the kitchen, so I headed back toward the entry. The sound was coming from above my head. Huh?

It was from the doorbell chime. I didn't even know what that square box was before that day - I just knew that messing with it (whatever it was) would mean a new paint job for the entire downstairs.

So naturally, I gave it a couple of good smacks (because that's the lazy way to fix something) but it didn't help. So I went outside to check the doorbell button, and discovered it was stuck. So I smacked it (of course) and it came unstuck. The buzzing noise was gone, but unfortunately, it also signaled the death of my doorbell chime totally. It reminded me of a Cosby Show episode where Cliff was supposed to fix the doorbell, and hijinx ensued.

I finally remembered to stop by the hardware store to pick up a replacement "something." Thankfully I was able to just explain to the guy at the store what happened, and he knew exactly what the problem was and how I needed to fix it. Apparently, even though there is electricity involved, you won't get shocked unless someone rings the doorbell while you're fixing the chime.

I probably shouldn't have ordered pizza 10 minutes before I decided to fix the doorbell, but I managed to get it all switched out before the delivery showed up, and I took the liberty of ringing the doorbell myself after I fixed it to make sure it worked. Yay me!

Happy quilting!

Labels: