This Page

has been moved to new address

Moving from Ovi.com to....

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
LoveBug Studios Blog: Moving from Ovi.com to....

LoveBug Studios Blog

Happenings at the quilting studio!

Friday, May 8, 2009

Moving from Ovi.com to....

Yes folks, I am in search of a new photo hosting site. Ovi has removed too many features for me to continue posting there. The seemingly insurmountable task of migrating 3+ years of pictures from Ovi to someplace else (when just 5 months ago I spent days on end migrating from my own website to hosted photos) makes me cringe. Hopefully I can do it a little bit at a time, but it's hard to break a habit when it's easier to maintain status quo.

I used to LOVE Ovi's easy-to-use interface; they way they offered up the pre-made code to post your pictures just right on various sites; the way you could sort your pictures any way you please. All that is gone. It's a stripped down version of its former self, and coupled with the random, lengthy outages, it is simply getting to be too much to bear. So now I must go searching for another home for my photographs.

For most people, the logical stop is Flickr, but I loathe their user interface. I don't mind paying for photo hosting, but I really do not like the photostream business & I find it hard to navigate their site. So what's a bug to do? Picasa? Ummm... what else is out there? What do you recommend?

Happy quilting!

Labels: