This Page

has been moved to new address

Colorado Winter - Finished Quilt

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
LoveBug Studios Blog: Colorado Winter - Finished Quilt

LoveBug Studios Blog

Happenings at the quilting studio!

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Colorado Winter - Finished Quilt

Here is the finished quilt front. The quilting is very subtle - I selected a thread that exactly matched the background, so you can only see the quilting upon close study of the quilt.

JHammoCo8 - Share on Ovi

Here is the finished quilt back. My intent with the block in the back was that it be off-center, and not match up with anything in particular. It almost exactly matches to a block on the other side - so much for good intentions!

JHammoCo9 - Share on Ovi

I selected a rope-type border design, which is on all four borders. I elected not to turn the corners with the design, but quilt it in the way the borders were attached, with the vertical sides, then the tops & bottoms.

JHammoCo11 - Share on Ovi

After the stitch in the ditch was complete, I thought the blocks looked a little plain, so I free-handed an angel in the center of each block. My client says this will be appreciated by the recipient since she is deeply religious.

JHammoCo12 - Share on Ovi

All that's left is to apply the label, inspect the quilt, and pack it for shipping.

That's all folks!

Labels: ,