This Page

has been moved to new address

Attic Windows - Done As Far As I Am Concerned...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
LoveBug Studios Blog: Attic Windows - Done As Far As I Am Concerned...

LoveBug Studios Blog

Happenings at the quilting studio!

Monday, November 29, 2010

Attic Windows - Done As Far As I Am Concerned...

This is one of those funny UFOs - the kind that is never really "done", reinvents itself, and multiplies.

Attic Windows is a project that I was going to work on with my BFF; she was going to do half, I was going to do half, and then... well, we didn't think that far ahead.  It was my hairbrained idea to hand-piece it, which is why, almost 10 years later - we hadn't gotten very far.  I used to take it on airplanes to work on, but I'd stitch about 3 inches and lose interest.  I actually got quite a bit done that way, but not anywhere close to being done.

Earlier this year, my friend confessed she'd never finish if it meant hand piecing it.  So I agreed we could give up the hand piecing part.  On a recent visit, she brought me her half.

In my mind, this project would just have been better to dump in the garbage and just not do it, but a recent proposal from my friend renewed my resolve.  She said she'd found more pieces to the quilt, and she'd been setting up her sewing room, so she was willing to finish piecing the top.  We agreed that she would piece those units, I would finish piecing the units in my possession, and then I'd send her everything.  Well, today I am so very happy to announce that my end of the bargain is fulfilled!!

The rows you see pieced together is all of the hand work that I did, and the unit blocks are what I just finished cranking through.  I'm mighty happy to be sticking these in a box & shipping them to my friend!  Yippee!!  And I'm crossing it off my list; I don't think it counts as a UFO for me anymore until it comes back to me for quilting.

112810

That leaves only 2 UFOs on my list!

Happy quilting!

Labels: