This Page

has been moved to new address

Feeling Quite Quilt Accomplished Today!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
LoveBug Studios Blog: Feeling Quite Quilt Accomplished Today!

LoveBug Studios Blog

Happenings at the quilting studio!

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Feeling Quite Quilt Accomplished Today!

PHEW!!!

It has been one of those weeks, can I tell you?

Last weekend was the Grayslake Arts Festival, which is right up in my neighborhood, so I took the opportunity to do a solo show. One of my fellow quilting buddies from the Chicago Modern Quilt Guild was kind enough to drive out and help me (thanks Emily!) Outdoor shows require tents, and that's a heck of a thing to set up by yourself, not to mention manning a booth all day long by yourself.

The show went extremely well, and it really affirmed my suspicion that my pieces are really much more suited for art fairs than craft shows. The thing about art fairs is that you really need to prepare & apply 6 months in advance. Now that I've done an outdoor show alone, I have pictures of my set up, and that will really help my applications for next season's round of shows.

In any event, I ended up selling my Batik Beauty, I Spy a Red Square, and Fire Over the Mountains #3 quilts - all to the same buyer! Well, because of my laziness over the last 6 months, all of them needed labels, and two of them needed sleeves.

Anyway, this long story was just to say that I made labels for these quilts (actually, I made 5 labels, but I'm still behind!), the sleeves for both, and stitched them all on.

In addition, I wrapped up my Project Quilting entry which I called "Nine Pins" - the block centers are actually wearable art pins that are about 2.5" square. Those will get listed in my Etsy shop soon. I like the quilt for displaying the pins, and think I'll keep adding to it over time as pins get sold and removed.

9pins_double

I also fixed 6 pillowcases that were incorrectly made at a recent charity event. I have to tell you, I don't normally curse at things, but there were a couple that made me really want to mouth off a few. The person didn't cut the cuff the right width, so when they attached it to the body, it wasn't wide enough. Instead of stopping, the person sewed up the case anyway, but didn't match the edges or keep a consistent seam. In some places the seam was narrower than 1/8" and there were barely 2 threads keeping it together! In the end, I just hacked off the damaged pieces with my rotary cutter and then stitched them back together with my serger.

Anyway, other than the pillowcase repair, I had a good day. I still have a ton of finished pillowcases to wash - hopefully it's just one more load and I can call it a day and do my own laundry. :)

Happy quilting!

Labels: ,