This Page

has been moved to new address

Studio Happenings - March 5, 2009

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
LoveBug Studios Blog: Studio Happenings - March 5, 2009

LoveBug Studios Blog

Happenings at the quilting studio!

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Studio Happenings - March 5, 2009

So I've been down & out with a fairly nasty cold this week, on top of my braces bugging me. It's been less than a week, and already I have two loose brackets and I haven't yet started chewing anything more solid than mashed potatoes.

I thought this soft food diet would actually help my waistline, until someone reminded me that ice cream is also soft. So I ate a pint of it by myself. And I'm lactose intolerant. :)

So you might be wondering if anything is even getting done in the studio! The answer to that question is yes.

First, I started working on my second handbag in my fruit line, this one is called the Jicama Crossbody Bag. I actually sketched up the Banana clutch first because I thought it would be cute to go in alphabetical order, but I thought it might be less restrictive if I only made fruit names the only requirement. So here is Jicama!

Oh, wait. I haven't taken a picture of it yet. That's right, I'm sick! :P

Next up, I have been noodling over a way to use up all these super-skinny fabric strips that I cut when I make quilts. I have so far refused to actually cut strings (wide pieces between 3/4" - 1 1/2") from my first squaring-up cut from a length of fabric. Instead, I cut these impossibly narrow strips that can't be used for much of anything, but I have been saving them for probably a year now, insisting that something can be done. So here is the "something":

LongSkinnyBlues1

I call this my Long Skinny Blues scarf. I haven't posted for sale yet, still trying to decide if it's wearable! Maybe I'll wear it to work tomorrow and see what people say. Or maybe I won't because then they might think I worked from home today to quilt instead of being sick (which I am! I have the bags full of used kleenex to prove it!)

I thought about finishing up Beachy Memories tonight, but I thought the client would appreciate me not infecting it with the virus o' the month.

Happy quilting!

Labels: